New 3 gal. Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lanceuppercut

Aquarium Advice Regular
Even though I just splurged on a new 75 gal, I couldn't pass this up. Meijers (a store kind of like walmart for those not from the area) started selling their own brand of 3 and 5 gal. nice rimless tanks for $25-$30 with a small internal filter. I'd like to make one of those nice heavily planted tanks with some shrimp, and maybe a pair of dario darios, or endlers.

First I was wondering if there were any good lights that aren't to expensive, like less than $50, that would get me into the high light range. I'm planning on DIY CO2, or if it comes to it, excel (though I heard that was bad for shrimp).

Next I was wondering about plants. I'd like a carpet, as I've never had the requirements for any plants that do that before. I'd also like some taller plants for the back. I'm very open to suggestions, but I typically like things that aren't too common.

I would also love suggestions about livestock for shrimp and other livestock, I've never had a shrimp tank before.

thanks!

Heres a pic of it mostly filled and filter going. I'm going to put an AC20 on there when I get wildlife that was running on my 40 to keep it cycled.

And yes, it's in the kitchen. The better half said only one tank per room, and that was the only one left aside from the bathroom.

Attachments

• P8290056.jpg
    P8290056.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom