New discus tank set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan1986

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to run a discus tank probably 2-4 in a 60g tank what are some suggestions for getting the water soft enough I am serious about what I would need to do so any suggestion is good, I was personally thinking about getting an RO system to cut my tap water but I'm new to that concept.

My bad I cut my post to short. It's gonna be a planted tank of course but more specific how would RO water affect plants and fish. I know RO/DI isn't that great due to the DI removing all minerals for the plants I have a little experience from reading and working with just DI but not RO. Hence just using the RO system but I'm kinda new to that. The DI part I work with at work.

Depends on the plants. You remove the minerals from solution, but then again you can just add in the minerals to a desired level. This is especially true if you live in liquid rock.

Out of curiosity, what's your KH/GH?

I will check tonight before and after my water change but last week it was 6 degrees. It has been in the range of 6-8 through the past few months but 6 is the most common.

Back
Top Bottom