New Hagen Test Kits for Iron, Calcium, Nitrates, etc.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaC

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone tried any of the new test kits put out by Hagen? I notice that they have new ones out for Iron, Calcium, Phosphates and Nitrates.

I have the PH and GH/KH Hagen test kits and I've been very happy with them. I also have the Seachem test kit of Phosphates, so I'm not interested in a new Phosphate kit, but I'm curious as to the Iron and Calcium and wondering just how accurate they might be. If anyone has tried them, please let me know your thoughts on them.

Thanks!
Linda

I don't know about any "new" test kits by Hagen, but I've been using the ones in their Master Test Kit for about a year now. The Iron and Calcium test kits are pretty much useless to FW no matter who makes them. The Phosphate kit is pretty good, but I find the Nitrate kit hard to read.

That is their Master Test Kit. It's always had those tests. I have one myself. Not sure on the Calcium, but the Iron is not very accurate.

Okay, sorry, I thought they were new because they say NEW on the individual boxes. Maybe they're new individually then, but if they've always had the Master Test Kit contain all of the above mentioned, then people have tried them and they're not much to speak of. Basically just what I thought but wanted to check and make sure, thought they might have been something worth while. Guess I'll just stick with the ones I have, they've all been very reliable, as far as I'm aware.

Many thanks!
Linda

As for my testing, I like using the AP for ammonia and nitrite, and the Hagen for Nitrate, gh, and kh. I also have LaMottes for Nitrate and Phosphate.

Maybe it is a new test kit, check and see or email them and ask. It could be a good thing and maybe actually an accurate way to test for them. Never know until you ask.

Back
Top Bottom