New Hobby Enthusiast - Plant Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie24

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

This is my first time on this forum and I am very happy to be here since a I am new to the hobby and I believe this is a site with plenty of knowledgeable and experience aquarists from whom i can learn a lot. As I introduce myself I would like to take a moment to thanks the aquarium advice administrators for allowing me to be part of the community.

Well, I set up my first tank back in September 2012 and I started with 3 harlequin rasboras and 3 cardinal tetras. One of my cardinals die a few weeks after i brought him home and the other two are still in my tank. Also, one of my rasboras jumped out and die. Later on I brought home 1 more rasbora and another cardinal tetra as well as 5 chili rasboras. I also have two small snails. My tank size is 10 gallons. I have a multicolor gravel and some artificial and natural plants. I use an aqueon power filter and a 50 watt heater. In addition I have a hood with a fluorescent light. The tank, the lights and the filter came with the kit I bought initially.

I use API leaf zone weekly and Tetra flora pride monthly to fertilize the plants.

My water parameters as of yesterday are:

PH: bet 6.8 - 7.0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: Bet 20 - 40

I have a question for you regarding my plants because I have noticed that some of my plants have dark spots on them and I am not sure what the cause for this would be. I believe there might be something going on with my water or that this is just some type of algae. I would greatly appreciate any advise you can give me about this issue and how to remediate it. Below are some pictures I took from one of the leaves.

Thank you,

Yenny

Attachments

• DSC07483.jpg
    DSC07483.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC07484.jpg
    DSC07484.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC07485.jpg
    DSC07485.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 61
:welcome:
Welcome to AA!! We are glad to have you!​

Dosing both flora pride and leaf zone is redundant, they are both very similar in what they provide for plants. I would recommend dosing 1 or the other, but dose a couple times a week. How many watts is your light?

Back
Top Bottom