new light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquascapist

Aquarium Advice Regular
i'm about to purchase a new light fixture for my 40 gallon planted tank. I want low light plants. what should I get?

I bought a hagen glo 1x24 inch HO fixture off amazon. I know that they had a 36 inch as well. It was very affordable for a t5 ho light. Im currently running the single 24 inch on my 29 with low to medium light. No co2.

hey guys. sorry I had no patience and went out and bought a aqua sun t8 for 100 bucks at petco. I have 2 t8 zoo med lights. 32 watts, in a 40 g. I only have 3 plants currently. they are anubias. so new questions.
1. do you think I need co2?
2. do low light plants do well in medium lighting?
3. where is the best place to get a timer?
thanks for the input. i'll be patient this time. lol

Lol.
1.No co2 needed.
2.Yeah in my experience low light plants will do fine in medium lighting.
3. I bought my timer at target for like 5 bucks. Its just a regular indoors timer.

ForumRunner_20120922_191634.jpg

ok thanks. i'm glad I didn't buy the one at petco then. they wanted like 15 dollars.

Regular timers work just fine. I hit the jackpot last month. A local hardware store had two outlet timers on clearance for $4. I bought a bunch so I'd have spares.

that's awesome. I never thought about checking at the local hardware store. that's a good idea

I always look around for bulbs and other hardware I can use for my tanks. My t5no bulbs I get at Lowes. Can't remember off hand but I think I paid $10 each for 24 inch 6500k bulbs

Back
Top Bottom