New light, RE-rescaped, pictures, questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
HOORAY!! I got my new light bulb in today! 24w 6500K 2000 lumens, to replace the blue actinic bulb that came with my fixture. I am SOOOO happy! I really loved the look of the blue, it was very pretty, and now with two white bulbs (the other one is 12000k) its more yellow but I am hoping I will get better plant growth. Right now I have the light just sitting on the glass top. Its a VERY bright light and I was wondering if I should put the legs on to raise it up. Or will I lose too much light that way? Is the light blinding my fish sitting so close to the water? The stupid green spot is having its way with parts of my tank, will it get worse with this new light?
Ok, I RE rescaped my tank. I took all of your great suggestions from a previous post and put the wood back in the center of my tank. I know I still need a background, and I will be adding more plants, I am thinking clover for a ground cover and some taller plants for the back. Anyway, here are some updated pics...

1st rescape (the one that was bad)

New light and wood put back in the center

Pic of new light, No flash

pm sent :D

Also, is the light ok just sitting on the glass top? Will this hurt the fish at all?

looks very pretty! that's a really beeautiful piece of driftwood!

Back
Top Bottom