new lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
:-?I am looking at getting new lights before long and was wondering if these lights would do for a 100 gallon tank. I want to have a low light non co2 injected planted tank.

they are current USA ordit 60 inch campact flourescents they have
2 65 watt dual actinic lamps (460nm/420 nm) and 2 65 watt dual daylight lamps (10,000k/6700k) and 5 lunar lights

Current USA Orbit Compact Fluorescent Fixture, 4X65 Watt, 60 inch
:-?

With the current lighting you'd be looking at about 1.3 WPG since it's commonly accepted that the actinics don't contribute much to plant growth. This would work nicely for a low light aquarium. Should you ever decide that you want a higher light aquarium with CO2, you could simply swap the actinics out for some daylight bulbs and you'd be set.

Thanks Joy, that is what I was hoping someone would say . Do you guys think that, that is a good price with free shipping, or would ya'll recomend a different place to get my lights.

Thanks

That is a good price, however if you're willing to go refurbished you could get an even better price here.

Back
Top Bottom