New lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigfish93

Aquarium Advice Regular
Last edited:
Actually this disscussion is interesting. I am looking for a light for my 90 gallon corner planted tank i am building. I need a 36" light as well. I was looking into buying what bigfish93 was talking about. But would mgamer was talking about be better?

mgamer brings up a good point. What are your plans for the tank ultimately.

I like my T5s much better than PCs, but was successful with PCs nonetheless.

Well my ultimate goal is to make a nice corner tank with pretty schools of fish running through it. I plan on using something like this for fertilizer. AquariumPlants.com's own: SUBSTRATE VITALIZATION SYSTEM

Here is a question i have always wondered. The substrate fertilizer, do you ever have to change it out? because i would guess you would but i am not sure and cant find any info on thw web. The aquarium is 25 inches deep just to let you know.

t5 is more efficient then pc if you get good t5 reflector set up. since in t5 the bulbs are smaller and with good individual reflectors you get more light into the tank with less watts.

everything really will depend on what you want to do in the end. like neilanh said.

etunes you do have to add new ones from time to time depending on the plants will depend on how often you need to replace them.

I actually expected everything you said. I thank you for the suggestion. What about the fertilizer for the tank?

Also in a few months i plan on putting a 55 or 75 gallon tank in my room and making it a FOWLR tank in my room. Eventually i would want to make it a reef tank with coral and what not. What light would you suggest so i will be ready for coral when i want. I know it depends on what coral i want but just something to start with.

no clue about SW. i would make a thread in the SW section and ask. it really just depends on how much light you are adding plus the plants. the more light you add the greater the need for co2 in then puts a greater need to add ferts.

Well i know it is probaly not possible to get the right quantity buy i am trying to avoid the CO2 cylinders because my parents won't let me get them. They would say it is too much hassel and money. So i am trying to make it a DIY co2 system with yeast and what not. Actually now thinking about it i could try a 5 gallon jug instead of the 2 liter jugs. But thats just a idea and again thank you for helping.

Really? i didn't think it mattered as long as it had the right amount of yeast, sugar, and baking powder. But in larger quantities because of a larger container. Thanks for letting me know.

Back
Top Bottom