New plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluethumb

Aquarium Advice Activist
Last week I got this plant, though the name escapes my memory. The bigger are starting to fall off, but the smaller leaves look fine. Is it just from the transfer to different tank? All my water parameters are normal, sorry for bad picture quality.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416782353.228452.jpg

Looks like a Val to me.. vallisneria of one type or another. The old leaves do turn yellow with age and then brown but new growth usually comes regularly from the middle. They send out runners with new plantlets on them, about every 3-4 inches along, so they'll spread.

It's pretty common for vals to adjust to new tank surrounding! If you are using any type of glut (liquid co2, like excel, easycarbo) please know that this plant won't respond well initially... Melting will be almost certain at first with these kind of products

Sent per three-eyed raven...

It's pretty common for vals to adjust to new tank surrounding! If you are using any type of glut (liquid co2, like excel, easycarbo) please know that this plant won't respond well initially... Melting will be almost certain at first with these kind of products

The ones that you said.

Mine always start to melt after a couple of days, because i dose easycarbo and my water is very soft! It will always find a way to grow back :)

Back
Top Bottom