New Planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tntfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want my tank to look something like this well at least to have the right lighting to be able to grow these plant do not kno the nmes of all of them off hand please help the tank i have at home is only 29 gallons so will i need pressireized C02?
img_1056363_0_b2585dc7ab25052466cc3b2c209591bb.jpg

for lights i woud prob go for around 2 to 2.5 wpg. pressurized co2 is ideal.

plants that i can id are
the red plant to the right is rotalla wallichi
the pinkish plant behind it and under the really pink plant looks kinda like some sort of bacopa.
the green leafy plant that is a little offset from the middle of the tank looks like hygro.
and the red plant next to that i would guess is some sort of ludwigia
thats the best i can do. you have a lot of plants crammed into that tiny picture, lol

Needing pressurized CO2 has nothing to do with the size of the tank, but rather how much light is over the tank. Anything much above 2.5 watts per gallon will require CO2. You may also be able to do DIY (yeast generated) CO2 on a 29g. My guess is that the tank in the pic has 3-4 wpg based on the bright reds and pinks and the carpet plants. I would suggest starting with 2-2.5 wpg as timwag said....3-4 wpg is intense and requires constant attention to plant trimming and fertilizer additions or you will have an algae farm the likes of which you've never even imagined (ask me how I know this....)

I actually get away with letting my diy co2 generator burning out completely. Once drop checker starts becoming totally green and not lime green I just double my liquid carbon dose for 2 days and re make a yeast batch that day. This compensates for lost co2 and causes no algae problems even with EI dosing and 3wpg of light.

Doing it like this means my diy co2 last 2 weeks between bottle changes.

for lights i woud prob go for around 2 to 2.5 wpg. pressurized co2 is ideal.

plants that i can id are
the red plant to the right is rotalla wallichi
the pinkish plant behind it and under the really pink plant looks kinda like some sort of bacopa.
the green leafy plant that is a little offset from the middle of the tank looks like hygro.
and the red plant next to that i would guess is some sort of ludwigia
thats the best i can do. you have a lot of plants crammed into that tiny picture, lol
I believe the pinkish plant may be a blyxa but could be a bacopa

Back
Top Bottom