New plants added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malkore

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just added the following to my 75gallon:
Blyxa Japonica
Ranunculus Papulentus
Hottonia Palustris
Microsorum Pteropus v. 'Narrow Leaf'
Hydrocotyle Verticellata v. 'Dwarf'
Pogostemon Stellatea
Ludwigia Brevipes

All new to me except M. pteropus (java fern). Several nifty new foreground plants, including grassy Blyxa Japonica.

I should have some new photos posted on my site (see signature) by the end of the week.

Nice additions with the more exotic varieties!

I hope I don't sound too nosey.... when you say "added"... I assume you didn't have to buy Java Fern as I recall you have so much of it that you are selling it.

actually it's a narrow leaf variety, different from the standard 'broadleaf' that I have too many of. I also am working on growing some lace java ferns.

I didn't have to buy any of it either. I have a 'connection' to free exotic species.

(and no, I won't tell anyone who it is) ;)

Yep, 'lace' is the common name for the v. Windelov species. I have about 5 small plantlets of that currently.
I've never seen it at the LFS, but most of the online plant sites I buy from. $3.49 is a price I see, but it'd be for a small plant.

My source of these free plants is a long time friend. They don't want to be known, as they'll surely be bombarded by people wanting plants.

Back
Top Bottom