New plants and re-organize

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BfishLpond78

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Added some dwarf hair grass and narrow leaf hydro. Everyone seems to enjoy the new additions.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110731_112202.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110731_112202.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 148
Thank you, i really appreciate that.

I really need to figure out what to put on the left side though, it's very bland in my eyes, i was thinking either some rock work with plants all around it, but I am not sure what kind of rock I should be using OR if i should heavily plant that side and slowly taper off around the driftwood...

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you, i really appreciate that.

I really need to figure out what to put on the left side though, it's very bland in my eyes, i was thinking either some rock work with plants all around it, but I am not sure what kind of rock I should be using OR if i should heavily plant that side and slowly taper off around the driftwood...

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

I like both Ideas ... get a nice size rock for the foreground nearly surrounded by small plants and heavily plant behind it tapering off to the DW.

Interesting, I really like that idea...hmmm...should it be a jagged rock or rounded you think? I invision what you are saying, i'm just stuck on what type of rock...I need some other ideas as far as what plants to get...lol I have medium lighting with ferts, no CO2 yet.

Interesting, I really like that idea...hmmm...should it be a jagged rock or rounded you think? I invision what you are saying, i'm just stuck on what type of rock...I need some other ideas as far as what plants to get...lol I have medium lighting with ferts, no CO2 yet.

Oh ...how about a slate cave in the front ... plants around the sides and behind plants like Amazon Sword? .. they can grow big and fill out. With medium lighting you have some good plant options.

Slate caves are easy to make and you can get pretty creative with terraces ... etc.

As for rocks, it it's one big one ... I prefer it to be jagged ... like granites, slates. Rounded rocks I like for smaller accent rocks.

Ok, I have two Amazon Swords in there now, there is one in each corner of the tank, i didn't know how far apart they had to be for them to grow, i mean i know they dont need 4 feet but i figured one each end would be nice, how close can you plant them together? I also have narrow leaf hydro in there. I guess im looking for something tightly packed and bushy maybe is the word im looking for...lol. Hmmm....i like the slate terrace idea, do you think i should build a structure...and almost glue it together maybe or use silicone i guess..???

Ok, I have two Amazon Swords in there now, there is one in each corner of the tank, i didn't know how far apart they had to be for them to grow, i mean i know they dont need 4 feet but i figured one each end would be nice, how close can you plant them together? I also have narrow leaf hydro in there. I guess im looking for something tightly packed and bushy maybe is the word im looking for...lol. Hmmm....i like the slate terrace idea, do you think i should build a structure...and almost glue it together maybe or use silicone i guess..???

I've seen pictures with Amazon Swords next to each other forming a think foliage effect all the way to the surface. Aside from mine .. I just have a bunch of low light plants that are not growing ... Except for the crypt. See the link below for ideas on medium light plants that will "fill" out and up.
I'm sure many low light plants can also be included. Crypt may be a good idea for a plant to go on the sides of the decor you end up using.

PlantGeek.net - Plant Guide

As for the slate cave ... aquarium silicone will do the job. Depending on how elaborate you want to get. Just a simple cave you could just free stack slate without silicone ... kind of how mine is. I know one of my fish can tip it over:D. But with terraces and size ... yeah go with silicone. I got a ton of ideas from pictures on the web .. some very elaborate ... but simple to put together.

Back
Top Bottom