new scape for 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goatnad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so it was a time for a change on one of my 10 gallon tanks. i'm trying to go with a more open tank since i dont really do them often. most of my tanks are pretty well planted. i feel the tank still needs one nice stone place somewhere but this is what im going with for now. i plan on the cyperus helferi to take over the back left corner and monte carlo to carpet the front and right side of the tank. i moved my 9 24k gold white cloud minnows into the tank since they are beautiful fish that had been in a plastic tote and couldn't truly be seen for their beauty. i am using the same hob on the tank as before but i decided to order one of the ZooMed nano 10 canister filters for the tank. i always wanted to know how good they were. i am looking for a good cheap cooler for this tank since white clouds do prefer cooler waters and the temp in tank is 74 degrees right now so if you have any recommendations please offer them. ive kept them at this temp for probably the last year but i would like to try and give them in more proper living conditions and see how they do.

lighting: 2 13w 5000k led bulbs
co2: none yet
ferts: thrive all in one (1 squirt every 3 days)
substrate: pool filter sand
fish: 24k gold white cloud mountain minnows
plant list
cyperus helferi
blyxa aubertii
monte carlo
hydrocotyle sp. japan
ammania bonsai
eriocaulon cinereum(not positive but pretty sure thats what erio it is)
dwarf water lettuce
baby narrow leaf java fern(just in there for plant mass and to grow. will be removed as the cyperus fills in)

9X54Y9R.jpg

DcAiloj.jpg

GcbDfEt.jpg

I received my ZooMed nano 10 in today. So far I am liking it. It is moving the water at a nice rate. I didn't use the carbon that came with it and instead added a bunch of the cycled ceramic media from my 60g tank filter. Diatoms everywhere and a bit of hair algae on some of the monte carlo. I need to find black tubing for the spray bar instead of the clear and then I need to get black hose for my co2 system.

z481Pgv.jpg

r7vXP2b.jpg

Really cool tank! Are the gold minnows hardy?

they have been for me so far. i started with a group of 12 in a 50g corner bowfront. they were in that tank for about 8 months then i moved them to a 30g grow out bin and they have been there for the last year. i lost 3 in the move. i then moved them to this tank and so far ive lost 1. the rest are happy swimming around and the males are flaring at each other a good bit.

Back
Top Bottom