New tank....maybe high tech?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishontheRock

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm a low tech girl thinking of setting up a high tech tank.

I got a steal on a used 15g. I really like the dimensions of this tank. Long not high and still light enough for my desk. Up until now I've always stuck to low tech planted tanks and had stuff grow REALLY well. However, I fell in love with Alternanthera reineckii when I saw some at the lfs. So this tank may end up going high tech and be a chance to grow some of the more difficult species. it would primarily be a plant tank and fauna would be secondary.

I'm going to take this slow and collect everything I need over time so that I can get what I want without cost being a worry. The tank comes with a hood but no lights, a co2 ladder diffuser, and a good filter rated for a 50g.

So, my questions are what do I need:
Suggestions for lights?
Any cool plants I can research?
CO2 system?
Fertilizers?
Substrate?
Heater?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Do you wanna go high tech cheap? Or all out? Because if you look at ADA's stuff, there sleek, expensive, and quality. They have everything from substrate to lights.

tropicalmackdaddy said:
Do you wanna go high tech cheap? Or all out? Because if you look at ADA's stuff, there sleek, expensive, and quality. They have everything from substrate to lights.

I'm not a designer labels but at the same time I'm not most useful person with a screwdriver. So I am willing to pay for quality but I'll take a no-name of equivalent quality over brand name everyday.

I'll check out ADA anyways though to see what's out there. No one charges for window shopping:p

FishontheRock said:
I'm not a designer labels but at the same time I'm not most useful person with a screwdriver. So I am willing to pay for quality but I'll take a no-name of equivalent quality over brand name everyday.

I'll check out ADA anyways though to see what's out there. No one charges for window shopping:p

Yep i would get amazonia substrate, for sure, because then you know you have the best of the best! :)
Im going to be re-doing my 10g into a high tech with ada products (except the light, there just to expensive for me)

Back
Top Bottom