New tank new too the more detailed planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gabriel3303

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey I have a 10 gallon just wana start small i bought some basic fertalized substrate rinsed an add to my tank its super cloudy im guessing i need to remove the particles but i was worried this would reduce the nutrients? I also turned off my filter cuase i didnt wana clog it? Do I need to clean it up or just let it settle its only been about 12hr. I ordered banna plants dwarf pennywort an Anubis i also have just a liquid fertilizer an just a co2 liquid type treatment an a 46 watt t5 light. Am I setting my self up for failure here? Or will this pretty basic set up have a chance ? I have had aquarium before but nothing this in debt thanks for the help!

An after these plants get off I'd like to add one or two african leaf fish is this sound like its possible?

You need to turn the filter on and it won't ruin it. You also should do a really large 80-90% WC to help before turning on the filter.

African Leaf fish are much to large for a 10g. You need to look into smaller nano fish and maybe shrimp.

Awesome thanks im really digging this site seems like theres lots of great advice on here an i got it cleared up if definatly like a type of unique fish too keep in here any suggestions on really cool small fish u dont see often?

I add both and I swear by it. I give away my trimmings twice a month, they are what super thrive is to terrestrial plants

Sweet!!! I was reading up alot on that dwarf pennywort i ordered an it seems pretty rare so im hopping to get that really going to give too people too

look and see if you can get ahold of nothobranchias they are called the most beautiful freshwater fish beacause the males have about every color in the rainbow. they are easy to care for and only get 2 1/2 inches. only downside is that they naturally have a short life span. they are commonly called rainbow nothos

I add both and I swear by it.

Flourish Excel and API CO2 Booster are both the same. You can buy Metricide 14 Day Solution which is glutaraldehyde also. A gallon of Metricide 14 costs around $20 plus shipping, you mix it with a gallon of RO or distilled water and get 2 gallons for around $27 shipped. It's much much cheaper than the other name brand products and you dose same as you do Excel. I've used it for years.

Well when these bottles run out I will have to order that. Good job at saving me some money, the less money I spend on my aquariums the happier the wife is.

Lol i have a pregnant fiancé if i even look at the aquarium or research in her presence she flips for hours lol i was think fresh water puffers too yay neh?

On the other hand I have had 2 cichlids that are 6 years old now. Alligator gar is still just a baby at 2 years old. He will be the reason I get a huge aquarium and let him grow as big as he can. Wife doesn't agree but there is a chance of a yes one day.

Back
Top Bottom