New tank set up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majormo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm planning a new 10-15g planted tank with the following plants and fish:
Water wisteria
Water sprite
Crystalwort
Anubias barteri
2 ghost shrimp
2 mystery snails
2 dwarf gourami
And 3 platies

Will the fish get along well together? Should I be concerned for the safety/well being of anything in the tank? Any suggestions for care?

I'm pretty new to keeping fish (this my fist tank over 5g I've ever set up) and and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome

In a tank that size you might try honey gourami, would go with 15+ gallons if keeping gourami and platies.

My family enjoys raising corycats, Platies, swordtails,endlers and their fry, looking forward to sharing this with my 1st grandchild in Sept. :dance:[emoji4]

Welcome

In a tank that size you might try honey gourami, would go with 15+ gallons if keeping gourami and platies.

My family enjoys raising corycats, Platies, swordtails,endlers and their fry, looking forward to sharing this with my 1st grandchild in Sept. :dance:[emoji4]

Thanks and Congrats on being a grandparent! I found a wonderful 20g tank for half the price of the other one, so there should be enough space for the platies, but now I need to find a way to keep my cat out of the tank.

Thanks and Congrats on being a grandparent! I found a wonderful 20g tank for half the price of the other one, so there should be enough space for the platies, but now I need to find a way to keep my cat out of the tank.

Just a clear acrylic lid would work with 2 corners cut out :) shouldn't effect the light too much if u keep it clean :) or a barbed wire fence should work haha [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom