New to C02

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhino

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am in the process of starting my third tank, a ten gallon for our bedroom. I am planning on keeping this mainly as a shrimp tank with perhaps a few guppies. I am considering doing C02 for the first time with this tank. I have searched and read a lot on C02 but it still is confusing. What type of setup would you all recommend for a tank this size?

What kind of plants are you looking to grow?

You may not need CO2 if you go with low/mid light plants.

A DIY CO2 setup for a 10 gallon isn't too hard to put together. A compresses system is an aweful lot of dough for a small aquarium.

It is generally considered more expensive to go with one of those smaller systems that use paintgun canisters.

It does not have to be a paint canister I an getting quotes on a 5 lb tank. What kind of regulator should I get.

What are your thoughts on this for my 10 gallon:

Light: 2x24 Watt FishNeedIt Fixture

Regulator: Aquatek Single Outlet Regulator

Bubble Counter: Mr. Aqua Brass Bubble Counter

Diffuser: Mr. Aqua Hand Blown Glass Diffuser

Tank: 5Lb. Tank (linked here http://www.amazon.com/5-LB-CO2-Cylin...6076160&sr=8-5)

Thoughts? I would like to do dwarf hairgrass.

I believe that regulator is a flow regulator, not a pressure regulator. I'm not sure if that would be optimal for aquarium usage or not.

I believe that regulator is a flow regulator, not a pressure regulator. I'm not sure if that would be optimal for aquarium usage or not.

I am not sure either. It has gotten a lot of good reviews though over at plantedtank.net many say they prefer it to the Milwaukee that lots of people use. They also make one for $30 more that splits six ways so you could technically diffuse into 6 different tanks from one bottle. I think I may give it a whirl just to see how it goes. If I was to get C02 then should I get T5HO?

Back
Top Bottom