New to CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lost Hero

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a fluval fora which is about 8 gallons. I just got a fluval co2 unit and wondering how to go about using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi,

If I were you, I'd try to see about returning that fluval CO2 system as it uses proprietary refill cartridges and there's no solenoid valve on the regulator. You'll end up using more money in the long run compared to a paintball or full-sized regulator with a 5# tank or something.

I'd look into upgrading to the Aquatek Mini Regulator for paintball.

I actually have the same thing. You HAVE to use their diffuser because they're regulator isn't superb imo but it works pretty well to me but don't buy there co2. Buy 16g threaded cartridges from ebay or something!

Hi,

If I were you, I'd try to see about returning that fluval CO2 system as it uses proprietary refill cartridges and there's no solenoid valve on the regulator. You'll end up using more money in the long run compared to a paintball or full-sized regulator with a 5# tank or something.

I'd look into upgrading to the Aquatek Mini Regulator for paintball.

**** really I just got it all I have in the tank is microswords and one tiger lotus

What's wrong with their co2

20$ for 3 cartridges.....vs 5$ for 3 and if u buy bulk it's even cheaper

Fair enough

20$ for 3 cartridges.....vs 5$ for 3 and if u buy bulk it's even cheaper

How long do the CO2 cartridges last? I am assuming that the regulator needs to be opened and closed manually?
88 grams equals 3.1 oz ...in case anyone needs to put this in perspective with paintball and regular sized tanks.
I was able to stretch out a 24 oz paintball tank for 4 months. I think that is about 2x my expectation. At around $4 a refill it is a very economical option.

Back
Top Bottom