New to Hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NanoJack

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello Everyone.

I look forward to sharing my experience.

Waiting on the arrival of my ADA tank and supplies. Should also be receiving some HC the same day tank arrives. I will be dry starting the tank for 4-6 weeks. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, looking to meet anyone in Memphis to help me out whether joining local aquaria club or sharing plants if such a club exists.

Wish me luck!

Sounds like you have a solid plan I suggest starting a journal for this tank as soon as you start. And we will always be happy to help.

Hi welcome to AA.

Which ADA tank did you get? I look forward to the build journal... hope we can help :)

Oh the 45F. Those are nice. We have a 60F. Those shallow tanks are interesting to scape. You should start a journal as Richard suggested. Let us know the details to the build.

Yea got the 45f hoping the low profile will compensate for the low watt led fixture by Archaea to grow HC and glosso. I think it's a total 7w.? Got aquatek co2 as well.

Oh, btw I would really like to see your 65f. I was really contemplating on getting that size versus the 45f... Based on what my Crate n Barrel dresser and Mr. Feng shway had to say...., I chose the smaller tank so it would be consistent with my overall theme....Iwagumi. Go figure.

MTS = Multiple Tank Syndrome... sorry I should have said that, I forget you're new. But I must say, you have some mighty fine taste for being new (maybe that's why I overlooked that). :)

The link isn't working? Worked for me... Try ::HERE::

I'm relieved. Lol I actually googled MTS and found this at urban dictionary.

MTS
Masturbate, Turkey Sandwich, Sleep. The act of jacking-off just before bed, eating a turkey sandwich and then going to sleep.

Lol.

Anyways,
I stumbled across a video of Amano Takashi's gallery on YouTube and that's all she wrote. Found myself obsessed with the simplicity look of the rimless tank and coming from a reef background, I calculated the time and costs involved and decided to give it a try. (Reef keeping is an expensive hobby). As a bonus, My wife seems a little interested as she has trouble growing anything near our window sill.

M-town! Just started over in a 55 gallon. Looking at doing live plants in the future, hopefully sooner than later, but need to see what all equipment I need and such, Really boils down to I need to do more research

M-town! Just started over in a 55 gallon. Looking at doing live plants in the future, hopefully sooner than later, but need to see what all equipment I need and such, Really boils down to I need to do more research

Hi Krogman! Just noticed the reply today. lol
Good to see a fellow Memphian on AA. Have you started the live plants?

Back
Top Bottom