New to planting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hanziie

Aquarium Advice Activist
So im finally going to do a planted tank what to know what the best plants are and the easiest too look after as im still new ill start with what fish i have:
Rummies
Cardinal tetra
Ranibow shark
Dwarf puffer
Angel
Mollies
I got some bog wood and a rather large stone and some new gravel as i had sand and its just not doing it for my tank!
I want some large background plants for hiding spaces i also would like to add some floor covering plants but im not sure whats best also how long would i have to wait for the tank to be safe to put the fish back into the tank
Any suggestions would be great.
P.s while this is being done the fish will be moved to a different tanks

Okay almost 53G for the others who don't use L.

Gently rinse any plants that could have possibly been recently imported in tap water and soak for 12-24 hours in a bucket of Prime treated water. Pwc tank water is great.

This is a help in removing/neutralizing and toxic dips that might have been used for safe transport to other countries as to not get unwanted snails, other pests like non native species of anything.

Anubias is great for many different applications- so many sizes and also some varigated leaves, not planted into the substrate but the rhizome needs to be above can have roots grow into substrate.

Bulb plants like the Crinum, "Onion Plant" (Crinum thaianum) or C. Natans, Aponogeton varieties ulvaceus, crispus, boivinianus, or undulatus.

Any of the Vallisneria - different heights and leaf size/shapes, Cryptocorynes lots of variety of color and sizes. A favorite is Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae, Nice texture, not picky and great height! Available in Tissue Culture packs too.

Back
Top Bottom