New to plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glene20

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to add plants into my 20g betta tank. Also have a bn pleco and 4 corys.

I dont have a clue about plants. I dont know what there benefits are other than they look cool and fish like it for hiding places.

I font know what type of plants there are. If they are safe to add.

Im basically clueless about plants. I'd love some advice on what type of plants to get for my tank and what benefits the tank will get from the plants. Oh and do I feed the plants??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would suggest google and research here in aquarium forum. Lots of reading and learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When I was starting out I found that Anacharis and Anubias were very fun to keep as they were easy and look nice. :)

The first consideration is the type of tank you have/ want. High tech, low tech, CO2, or using a carbon substitute. Being new it can seem overwhelming. Like mentioned, just do all the research you can on plants you like, and that will help decide what type of tank you want. In either case plants need nutrients to flourish. The amount of ferts, is decided by the amount of light, and CO2 you have in the tank!!

Sounds really confusing. I best get researching . Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its not really that complicated, once you get the basics down. I've been keeping aquariums for over 35 years, planted tanks for over 10 years, and I still learn something new every week. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom