newbie advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommaof4boys

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all! I am very new to the live plant aquarium stuff and I would like some advice and help to aquascape my 55 gallon aquarium. I recently purchased a Solarmax 48" HE light with 6,700k & 10k Bulbs and 8 moonlight LED's. I currently only have 2 anubius plants in there. I don't want to mess with co2 so I need easy plants. I wanted to just add some amazon swords to just add some more plants in there, but someone suggested I needed to get some tall plants for a background plant and now.. I'm lost... lol here is a picture of my tank, please let me know what plants could work for me! Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 20130126_230958.jpg
    20130126_230958.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 47
Amazons get tall and wide but other very easy plants that will grow tall but are easy to trim to the size you want are wisteria and water sprite. Also a couple easy tall growing stem plants would be jungle or corkscrew val and ambulia, anacharis, and cabomba.

Amazons get tall and wide but other very easy plants that will grow tall but are easy to trim to the size you want are wisteria and water sprite. Also a couple easy tall growing stem plants would be jungle or corkscrew val and ambulia, anacharis, and cabomba.

Thank you! :)

Hello all! I am very new to the live plant aquarium stuff and I would like some advice and help to aquascape my 55 gallon aquarium. I recently purchased a Solarmax 48" HE light with 6,700k & 10k Bulbs and 8 moonlight LED's. I currently only have 2 anubius plants in there. I don't want to mess with co2 so I need easy plants. I wanted to just add some amazon swords to just add some more plants in there, but someone suggested I needed to get some tall plants for a background plant and now.. I'm lost... lol here is a picture of my tank, please let me know what plants could work for me! Thank you so much!

Java fern ftw!

One plant I totally forgot that would give you alittle color would be a Red Tiger Lotus. They can grow in low light and keep their color. Just give them some iron root tabs to help them.

Back
Top Bottom