Newly stocked tank- fish destroying plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LauraFishwhiz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!

Ive just stocked my planted tank with 1x betta, 2x molly, 2x platy, 1 swordtail and 1 algae eating snail. All fish seem really happy but i woke up this morning to find they had completely munched a few of my plants!

Ive attached some pics of the plant they have ate as i am unsure what type of aquarium plant this is- at first they only ate the dead leaves at the bottom, now they have started on the good leaves and all my hard work of making sure my plants looked good and were healthy has gone :blink:

Im worried in the next few days they will just destroy them all- is this normal? I have now fed them so they are also getting their own food- is there anything else i can do to stop them shredding every single plant i have! will these plants grow new leaves or should i stock my aquarium with some more? i have one shy platy who likes to hide and worried he wont feel comfortable now its looking quite bare.

any help much appreciated, thank you!! x

Your picture never appeared??

Both my Mollies & Sworss qill munch on plants

Mollys and swordtails will eat plants.

Anubias, java fern, java moss and amazon swords are good bets to not get eaten.

Ive posted a photo from your previous thread if that helps people identify your plants. There looks to be some swords, anubias and java moss in there. The stem plants (cant tell what they are) look quite munchable.tapatalk_1594579026491.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom