nice BIG tank thread over at aquariacentral...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That tank is crazy! I'm still amazed at how much bigger my new 75 gallon is compared to my 10 gallons :) I've bought about the same amount of fish since Monday for my 75 gallon than all my other 3 tanks have combined.

Nik

Nice tank. I have worked with bigger, and I know a number of people with 2800-5000 gallon tanks, but I think 500g is about my personal limit.

I should show this to my husband - all I want is 125 gallons ! ..... on the other hand, he may think I'm only "working my way up" LOL
That tank is amazing ! Makes me want to go snorkeling !

Took me like 30 seconds to register. Not that big of a deal.

Nik

Naw ya don't:)
I saw what happened to the last guy:)

It's fun, a bit frustrating, but fun still.
I do get attached to the tanks and want to look better than they are.
But it's not my nickle.

The gaol I general have for clients, as many are fish only people when I get them, is to still maintain that intense fish interest, and also add an intense plant interest as well.
ADA and many other styles are solely focused and place plant scape above everything else and the fish must fit that domain.

In this case, I try and fit both as equals, within context of the client's wants/abilities.
Not an easy balance.

It's far from done.
Schooling is much different in tanks this size, normal advice is out the window.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Attachments

• resizedaltumdisc2_517.jpg
    resizedaltumdisc2_517.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 20
justrelax said:
That's pretty sweet... I love the idea of 1000 cardinals :)

Well, here's 600 in a 350 gal I take care and designed:

I'd prefer all the Altums(64 come on!), the cards(1000), hatchets(these are spotted hatchets, very neat 60), N espei 30, N "red coral ark" 30, 2000 Shrimp, 200 Ottos, 20 Hypothomus, 20 S panamese, 4 A adonis, 5 P leopardus, 10 Gold nuggets, 6 mango pleco, 10 snowball plecos, 40 Cory panda.

No Discus, no Red lines, no mollies, no other tetras, no other angels.
But that's just me. I think the deep tank would be great for the Altums and also make the tank look larger.

One larger schooling fish makes the other smaller schooling fish "ball" together more, you need to see this in person to really appreciate it.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Attachments

• 300resized_97less_395.jpg
    300resized_97less_395.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 25
If Heaven has a "main lobby" with a fish tank it must look something like that tank with the discus and angels two posts up. I could stare at that pic for hours.

Such fish focus + plant focused tanks need to be seen in person, the perspective is really lost here. It's very entertaining to see a large tank full of fish behave much differently than you expect.

The large massive full grown gaint discus make the tank look smaller than it is.

The tank is much more a feast bfor the eyes and design when viewed at 1-6 feet from the tank, when you step back 30 feet where the full tank shots are taken, it looks very different.
This makes the tank hard to view and design.

It is poor from a distance but a treat close up.
I do not like to view tanks from 30ft away personally.
Still, the design is going to be changed some, although I do not think the owner will remove the discus, there is a chance he may.

I'm hoping they will go to the 380 gallon office tank and the Altums will be added to this tank. Over time, I hope he will reduce the species to mainly fish from that same region of the Amazon.

The scape I can handle and have a bit more say on.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Such fish focus + plant focused tanks need to be seen in person, the perspective is really lost here. It's very entertaining to see a large tank full of fish behave much differently than you expect.

The large massive full grown gaint discus make the tank look smaller than it is.

The tank is much more a feast bfor the eyes and design when viewed at 1-6 feet from the tank, when you step back 30 feet where the full tank shots are taken, it looks very different.

Still, the design is going to be changed some, although I do not think the owner will remove the discus, there is a chance he may.

I'm hoping they will go to the 380 gallon office tank and the Altums will be added to this tank. Over time, I hope he will reduce the species to mainly fish from that same region of the Amazon.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Regards,
Tom Barr

Back
Top Bottom