No-substrate plants query

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
Just thinking for later on but anyone know of plants that just sit on gravel / driftwood? So far I’m thinking I know of java fern, bolbitis, Anubias, buce and wondering if any others? Looking at only having a half inch of some plant substrate in future. Just enough so lights don’t reflect and ferns, etc can root onto some substrate to stay put.

Just thinking for later on but anyone know of plants that just sit on gravel / driftwood? So far I’m thinking I know of java fern, bolbitis, Anubias, buce and wondering if any others? Looking at only having a half inch of some plant substrate in future. Just enough so lights don’t reflect and ferns, etc can root onto some substrate to stay put.

Check out Leptodictyum riparium

Fantastic moss style plant, could almost be used as a stem plant "like" replacement if you have all day to pick through strands and place them individually.
I can grab a pic of mine if you want to see it "in real life"

Subwassertang just sits there. No roots as far as i know. Parts of of may eventually adhere to DW and stones. Though it naturally sinks, it is very light and easily moved my slight current.

I have floated willow Hygro...It will root to whatever it touches eventually..
I like the 'stringy moss' though...

Back
Top Bottom