Nonaquarium safe silicone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper26

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I used some of this in my 2.5 gallon tank, and all my plants died. Now I know it's not aquarium safe. I put activate carbon in to remove the chemicals, will it help? How should I go about cleaning the tank?

So I used some of this in my 2.5 gallon tank, and all my plants died. Now I know it's not aquarium safe. I put activate carbon in to remove the chemicals, will it help? How should I go about cleaning the tank?

Hey FishKeeper,

Since it is a small tank, I suggest stripping it down, and give it a good scrubbing. Just water and a sponge will be fine.

The activated carbon would probably work long-term, but since it is such a small tank, cleaning it in the sink doesn't take much effort.

If you want some aquarium safe silicon. I used GE Silicone Window & Door II Clear to seal my leaking 60 gallon. Works great now. My buddy and I even used it to fill a hole in his boat, stuff holds well, it's semi-flexible, and dries quick.

GE 9.8-oz. Silicone II Window & Door Caulk, Clear

Back
Top Bottom