Odd finding?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cobaltskyy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed pearls on my fake plants today....actually on the algae growing on the silk plant.

I do have a live plant in there with another silk plant all three have this dark algae around the edges.

This is an established betta tank but I am new to keeping plants :)

I do have 2 nerite snails cleaning up the diatoms nicely but I kind of don't mind the algae on the fake plants...LOL it looks cool.

Is the algae then producing beneficial O2?? Or is this bad?

What it could be is if a fish blew a bubble and it may of got stuck on the GHA. That's happened to me before.

Fishman13 said:
What it could be is if a fish blew a bubble and it may of got stuck on the GHA. That's happened to me before.

GHA is that the type of algae?? Is it good, bad, indifferent? Is it possible they are producing O2 the lights are new and much brighter ....not sure of the watts but its only a 10gal. I plan on adding more live plants in the near future

GHA (Green Hair Algae) is a pain in the rear end :lol: and it holds things like poop, food, air bubbles, etc. I highly doubt that it's O2.

I've had algae on the glass in my high-light tank pearl, but that's with a lot of light, ferts, and CO2 injection. In this case, I think bubbles that stuck to the plant, possibly from the filter.

Back
Top Bottom