Ok gonna get some plants today..need some advice ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

builtf0rdtough

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok my corie died last night and I want to get some live plants, Im told that they will help manage my PH levels aswell as help the general health of the tank. Plus asthetic values. My water is hard and the tank is acidic at this point, no BB as of yet being the tank is only 2weeks old, still have 3 neons 2 guppies 2 ghosties and a pleco. Ive got stock lights and no c02 things. But I want plants bad...what do i do and where to go as far as getting anything today. Thank you

You don't wanna rush anything with aquariums. What size is the tank? Co2 is not needed for low to medium light tanks. You need to get correct lighting. I recommend getting a t5 fixture. It will keep your plants alive.

What size tank is this? Also, what kind of lights do you have? We need to know what you have before we can tell you what you need?

We need to know the size and what kind of pleco? You will need to get at least some CFL light bulbs that are labeled as 6,500k-10,000K

Ok, its a 29g tank..its got a full spectrum light that came with. I bought the Aqueon 29 kit..Kit Includes
Glass Aquarium with Black Trim
QuietFlow™ Power Filter
Filter Cartridge
Deluxe Fluorescent Hood
Fluorescent Bulb
Submersible Heater
Aquarium Set-up and Care Guide
Water Conditioner
Digital Thermometer
Premium Fish Food
Fish Net
Thats what it came with. It said full spectrum on it so that should be good right? I went to the pet store and decided to wait and do some more research before buying anything else. Is bamboo hard to take care of? it looks cool, but is it good for tanks and stuff. says its a tropical tank plant.

maybe 3 inches, not very big at all, I was gonna put him in a pond behind my moms house when he gets too big, but then I found out thats illegal, and also realized that this fish is from south america....dont belong here. lol

Common plecs are commonly sold i dont think there illegal. And Is it your mom's pond? Or a community one?

no in FL its illegal to put fish from tanks into the wild. Its a community pond in her neighborhood. The hood has an association and theve got 3 pond/lakes

the lady at petsmart said a place here will give store credit for one, and that I could take him to ^ just to get rid of him. Hes my fav, not excited about havin to give him away later on.

Back
Top Bottom