ok, i finally got my tank and stand home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
It has been in the inlaws garage since it was unveiled to me for Christmas. So now i see the details on the lighting. 24rfh, 120 vac, 60 hz 17 watts. Ro1465. That is the info on one of the two hoods. My 60 gallon tank 48' x 13' and 24' deep has two of those hoods on it. I assume that is a low light source and is only suitable for hardy low lights such as java fern, anubius or anubias whichever is correct spelling and perhaps some crypts?i know i have heard java fern and anubias will work. What other plants will work with this lighting?

It has been in the inlaws garage since it was unveiled to me for Christmas. So now i see the details on the lighting. 24rfh, 120 vac, 60 hz 17 watts. Ro1465. That is the info on one of the two hoods. My 60 gallon tank 48' x 13' and 24' deep has two of those hoods on it. I assume that is a low light source and is only suitable for hardy low lights such as java fern, anubius or anubias whichever is correct spelling and perhaps some crypts?i know i have heard java fern and anubias will work. What other plants will work with this lighting?

Is what i provided not sufficent for a determination?

You can try water sprite and wisteria. I think anachris may work too.

Are those still considered low light plants? Or is my lighting better than I initially thought? Forgive my ignorance, still learning.

They are low light. The way you can tell is to look on the light bull and see if it has a t8. Do you live in the states. I ask bexause im on my phone and cant see the whole profile.

They are low light. The way you can tell is to look on the light bull and see if it has a t8. Do you live in the states. I ask bexause im on my phone and cant see the whole profile.

Yes, i currently reside in Oklahoma.

You should see a marking on your light bulb. Im going to say they are t8 bulbs. Usually thats what come with a tank kit.

Back
Top Bottom