Ok Lisa, is this your idea of a joke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SparKy697

Aquarium Advice Addict
:wink:

img_791818_0_d12655cd5c82e97c9f45929df49d93ba.jpg

img_791818_1_9bd960f48b1022f9532b6902b8973aa2.jpg

It's the big apon in the middle. It started flowering back a month or so. To date I have removed 5 flowers. It seems to want to keep going. There are 2 others that have not broken the surface yet.

LOL

IME Apons are kind of like common plecos... everyone thinks they are cool when they first see them, but as you are coming to see, they are impractical for all but the largest aquariums...

I like to give plecoperson a hard time about it. She sent it to me because it had out grown her tank. I thought what the heck. Never even heard of one.....

It really could use a taller tank. But the number of flowers has surprised me.

Sparkles, I told you to RUN!!!!! :eek:

I had no idea. Really. That it would seek human flesh outside the tank. Really. Are you missing any pets? 8O

I had it in a 5 gallon and it never attacked me. :D

Are you teasing the plant, Sparky? :evil:

PS-You SAID you wanted a centerpiece plant. You didn't specify that it was just for the tank, not the county.

Sparkles, I told you to RUN!!!!!

I have been waiting for you to reply all afternoon :)

Can you believe that plant? It just seems to have no plans on stopping. I really like it.

Plans are to set up a 150 in a few months, I wonder what it will do in that tank?

plecoperson said:
Sparkles, I told you to RUN!!!!! :eek:

I had no idea. Really. That it would seek human flesh outside the tank. Really. Are you missing any pets? 8O

I had it in a 5 gallon and it never attacked me. :D

Are you teasing the plant, Sparky? :evil:

PS-You SAID you wanted a centerpiece plant. You didn't specify that it was just for the tank, not the county.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That really made me laugh!

I'd been bagging cherry shrimp all night. It takes me 3 hours to bag 80 shrimp and 12 fish. Just FYI.

I see it has bent you to its will and forced you to triple its tank size.

Seriously, it should be spectacular in there! WOW. I knew you'd give it a good home!! Wheeee!

An t-iasg said:
This is a great thread! :D

Suspiciously, it was started on April Fools Day! 8O

:wink:
LOL!
Tsk, Sparky, PhotoShopping long green arms and flowers onto that thing all to glorify the first of April. Jeesh. ;)

BTW, what are you going to do with those flowers? I mean, what does one do with plants that take over "the county" (per Lisa)??

:)

As much as I would like to take credit for a really good April 1'st prank, this is real.

LandGhoti brings up a point that I have been searching for the answer to. What will happen to the flowers? Will they produce seeds?

More importantly, what to do with the actual plant? I really like the plant itself, but it has really gotten too big for my tank. At the moment over half of my tank is shaded by this monster. I have been thinking of cutting it down to the roots and letting it start all over again, but I don't know if that will hurt it.

Because time is a factor here, I may be forced to pass this beauty on to somebody that has a really tall tank that can handle such a plant. Plecoperson gave it to me because it outgrew her 5 gallon tank. Now it is outgrowing my 55. I don't think I will have the 150 set up in time to save the rest of my plants in the 55. So if anybody can advise about cutting the leaves back, I would appreciate it.

Maybe we can make this a community plant. Everybody gets it for a year. :)

Back
Top Bottom