Old Scales 29g Rescape - 4 month update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Scales

Aquarium Advice Addict
This rescape was done 1/24/14. I thought I'd post a pic of the tank as it is now. I failed at the Glosso carpet. It never make a solid carpet but only grew straight up. Even under high light. I don't think I covered it deep enough. I've got a small start of UG going now on the right end thanks to Brian_Nano12g. I've added two stems of Hygrophilia Corymbosa 'Augustifolia in the very back left corner. Also added some stems of Didiplis Diandra that I really like the looks of. All else is the same. I had some questions about the Fissedens Fontanis moss so I'm posting a closer pic of it also. They all started out as about 2"x 2" patches. The top patch is the mini fisseden I bought and the two bottom patches are regular Fisseden that Azmoman gave me. They are about 4" x 4" now. Slow growers but so beautiful. Some discussion was how the Fissedens would tolerate Glut. Even though I have pressurized CO2, I still dose 8 ml of pure Glut daily. The moss showed no ill effect. Take care, OS.

Attachments

• _DSC1023.jpg
    _DSC1023.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 147
  • _DSC1034.jpg
    _DSC1034.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 142
Man my plants/your plants got some catching up to do:D tank looks good Brian! When did you mini rescape?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

LOL Ask Brookster Dallas! He "mugged" me for my last baby plants it made. I think there was four of them. Brooks, did the two smallest ones grow out?
I took the Glosso out about three weeks ago. OS.

LOL Ask Brookster Dallas! He "mugged" me for my last baby plants it made. I think there was four of them. Brooks, did the two smallest ones grow out?

All the swords are currently growing yes! Everything melted a bit, the whole going from a high light co2 tank to 5 day blackout to a med light glut tank thing may have had something to do with it haha. All plants are kicking but except for fissedens.. they're being fussy. . Thanks again bro

Thanks Pitt. This was just after a good cleaning and WC so it looks it's best. Wish it would stay that way. lol

Brookster, the fissedens was the one that took the longest to get going for me also.
Hang in there!

Haha, I may just have to pm brookster about that...:cool:also brookster , how do you like the planted +? I'm strongly considering getting one to replace my dual t-5 ho fixture on my 55.

Haha, I may just have to pm brookster about that...:cool:also brookster , how do you like the planted +? I'm strongly considering getting one to replace my dual t-5 ho fixture on my 55.

On a 55..that's pretty tall huh? I like it a lot on my 20 tall, it's got everything growing really well, I'd give it a low end med.light rating on a 55, depends what you want out of it? You could always get 2;)

Tank looks good, Brian. Has the UG grown any? Looks like it stalled or something because I thought I'd see more of it by now. Might still be adjusting from being in aquasoil to EC.

Hi Brian! It's showing some nice green new growth. It's kinda slow but I bet it will get to a point and then take off. Do you know what its preference is? NO3 or PO4 or MG/Ca?
Os.

Sorry OS... I have no idea. I honestly dose PPS-Pro ferts almost blindly... like a chef that adds ingredients to a stew without measuring cups! LOL

I do think, however, that the aquasoil helps provide me a certain degree of cushion if I'm off a bit in my dosing.

Thanks Sk3lly,
Sorry about your troubles with getting all you BML order. Nick says that their small company started as a lighting source to commercial growers and never anticipated the aquarium lighting line would take off as fast as it has. Growing pains of success. lol
Much thanks to our AA members. OS.

Thanks Nano! How's things on the other end of I-40? OS.

Memphis in May BBQ contest just ended. I find it silly that attendees aren't allowed to taste all the different BBQ stands. I would have paid if I could. Pretty darn stupid to say the least! Why go if you can't eat??? Lol

OMG! Memphis BBQ! Wish I was there. What are some of the best fish shops in Memphis. I go there once in a while and might check some out. OS.

There's a place called Memphish. Only place I visited since it's relatively close. This is where I have my chili rasboras on order. They seem to cater more to the salt water crowd. I have yet to explore the other store. Yes I believe there's 2 mom n pop stores. Will let you know once I find time away from work and the wife too.

Back
Top Bottom