Onion plant- rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regen311

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 1 full grown onion plant and 2 bulbs that have grown to be about 3 inches high. The full grown plant has been fine, no mold growth, but I had the bulb loosely packed with large rocks (to keep it from floating) and so it was mostly above the gravel. The 2 bulbs, however, I didn't have the option of doing this with because they are still too small. I have them about 1/2 buried in the gravel (the bulbs). The plant part is still green, but I checked on the bulbs and tehy were rotting completely away. So I pulled them out, and did the only thing I could think of to save them, I peeled away the layers that were covered in mold. The small plants, however, had no roots at all growing from them. The large plant has several, and they're actually above the gravel, but they're long and green.

is there anything I can do to keep the bulbs from rotting completely away? Why are there still no roots on the small plants?

I just looked at the big plant, and there is a little fuzz growing on the bulb, I picked it off though, very carefully. The bulb on teh big plant is now completely out of the gravel, and I removed een the large rocks that were anchoring it down. The roots are holding it down now, so it's fine. I still have a problem with the little plants though...

Back
Top Bottom