Online Plant Stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atlantis

Aquarium Advice Regular
As I am getting into plants, I am realizing that my lfs doesn't have the plants I want. Can someone give me a list of good online plant stores or a link to another post with a list? Thanks

I got some nice plants from www.azgardens.com. Their prices are great! The ozelot sword I got was enormous and healthy, and it was only $5.99.

They do have a $35 minimum order, but I think most places have similar requirements (plus I paid $60 for about 1/4 as many plants from the LFS when I started my first planted tank).

I was happy with floridadriftwood.com, and their shipping was much lower than azgardens. Of the three sets of plants I ordered, two were in perfect shape and the portions were generous. The water sprite was severely damaged, and I am not sure why someone even bothered to put it in the bag as it was obviously not from shipping, but they included some aquatic clover that I did not order, so I was happy. Water sprite being water sprite it has already started to grow, damage or no.

I too find that of the myriad LFS in my area, all I can get is java fern, amazon sword and anacharis, basically. None of the shops are really into keeping plants, it seems.

Here's another option. I met Charley at GNYC Aquarium Society. He lists his plants on aquabid.com under the name lowcoaster. His plants are imported from the far east, and from FL. The best thing is, he is glad to assist via email (if you aren't in NY), and he can order just about anything you like.

I've been very happy with the plants I've gotten from him. Some really awesome and unusual Java fern, annubias, and crypts.

i've had good experience with www.aquariumplant.com the prices, imho, aere great and the shipping costs are quite reasonable. also, they are quite willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy you. however, i would call in my order and inquire abt the health and availabilty of the plants first. if they are getting a new shippment soon it really pays to wait for it.

good luck
:D

Theres always www.aquabid.com The plants here mostly come from other hobbyist and are usually in better health. Theres also other stuff you can buy there aquatic related other than plants.

i also have bought plants from charley--lowcoaster on aquabid--and he has answered any questions i have had-quickly- i keep a eye on what he has for sale-he has a large selection of plants. :D

Yes Karen. I'm lucky because I can go right to his place and pick them up. I'm on his mailing list, so he sends me weekly updates of his stock. BTW. Everything I've seen there is in A1 condition.

Brian

hi BrianNY- hows the eco-complete doing for you? you are definately lucky :!: :!: I am on his mailing list to.

I have had good luck with www.theplantdepot.com. If you live in Florida, shipping is only $5.00 up to $100.00 order. All orders over $100.00 (Florida or elsewhere) is free shipping. They also offer a 5% discount to first orders.

Back
Top Bottom