oxygen bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sedgy90

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all.
Running pressurised co2 from thegreenmachine.
After my water change I have loads of oxygen rising from the plants. As the week goes on they get less and less untill 7 days later when I do a water change and we start again.

Does anyone have any idea why? Cheers all.

Its called pearling, Happens when the plants give off oxygen...usually means they are healthy :) Im not sure why it always happens during a WC, but mine pearl 24/7 and especially when i finish a WC its bubbles everywhere.

Ahh ok. Thanks. Its really wierd the way its loads after w/c then gradually less. There are still bubbles just lots less. Cheers.

If u r interested, here is my tank online. Its not established at the mo since rescape.

Java moss and Bacopa monnieri. Stripped the java moss back as it collected algea but changed the flow now and its doing well in a higher flow.

If your running CO2 your plants should be pearling and not just after WC's. I don't run CO2 even in my big 220g but I still get pearling for several hours after WC's. You should actually start a new thread titled "CO2 levels???". There are tons of people on here that use CO2 and can ask you the right questions to figure out why your plants aren't pearling consistantly. If your running CO2 you should find out why your possibly not getting the full benefit from it.

The hardscape has a nice flow and once everything matures and fills in I hope you post a picture as I think it will look pretty awesome.

I dose co2 also, and my plants only pearl after a wc as well, the next day nothing. Every now and then I see a stream of micro bubbles coming off a plant, but nothing like what I see after a wc. Always wondered why myself, just figured the 96w of t5ho on my 55g just wasn't enough.

I still think starting a new thread on Plants aren't pearling would be a good idea. You might get some answers to your questions.

Hi all.
Running pressurised co2 from thegreenmachine.
After my water change I have loads of oxygen rising from the plants. As the week goes on they get less and less untill 7 days later when I do a water change and we start again.

Does anyone have any idea why? Cheers all.

Isn't it due to the organic carbon present in the tap water?

I would imagine well water would have oc as well, unlike most other chems like city water has...

I have a well and we have a lot. When I pour water it bubbles for a while before it is clear. I never did the pH test where you oxygenate the water to see what it is after 24 hrs.

I dose co2 also, and my plants only pearl after a wc as well, the next day nothing. Every now and then I see a stream of micro bubbles coming off a plant, but nothing like what I see after a wc. Always wondered why myself, just figured the 96w of t5ho on my 55g just wasn't enough.

(Yes, this probably belongs on a thread of it's own) but I often see pearling after water changes and I believe it's because when you are removing 25-50% of the volume, the plants are in very shallow water or emersed for a short time and get the full effects of the lighting.

(Yes, this probably belongs on a thread of it's own) but I often see pearling after water changes and I believe it's because when you are removing 25-50% of the volume, the plants are in very shallow water or emersed for a short time and get the full effects of the lighting.

When I do my big weekly WC my lights are off and my really tall plants just bend over in the water but the bulk of them are never exposed to the air and they pearl for hours afterwards and without CO2.

Opened new post. C02 levels. Thanks for all replies.

Back
Top Bottom