paint help ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richpowell1989

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi tomorrow I get a 55 gallon fluval tank for 30 pound which is bout 45 dollars with stand n everything t5 lighting, the tank is only 2months olds I no is amazing I got it so cheap lol its from my cousin

I need help with the paint I am gunna use for the black bachground do I use gloss? Or what else? I heard gloss is best
Thanks rich

It doesn't matter. I've got gloss on some, satin on some, matte on some... it all looks the same from the other side since glass has a glossy finish.

I think I heard once of someone using latex paint so you cab just peel it off when you're done. Don't quote me on that.

You can... but it also scratches very easy. My 125 has baby blue (yuck!) latex paint on it. It's scratched pretty bad, and some is peeling without my help. I bought it that way and haven't had the drive to replace it.

I bought some black gloss n some matte gloss don't no which one to use I got told gloss wud look better cuz it is shiny anyway

They'll both be shiny-ish once you put it on glass. As I said, I can't tell a difference in gloss vs satin vs matte on my tanks. Use whichever one you can't find a purpose for elsewhere.

mfdrookie516 said:
They'll both be shiny-ish once you put it on glass. As I said, I can't tell a difference in gloss vs satin vs matte on my tanks. Use whichever one you can't find a purpose for elsewhere.

Ok thanks for the reply mate

Back
Top Bottom