PAR for carpet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For DHG you will want to be in the 60+ range. The higher the PAR the better for most carpet plants. With high light, you will most likely need CO2.

I don't believe you get the growth desired at lower PAR. Yes it can be grown at lower PAR, but it seems to thicken up faster, and have a darker color at higher PAR. Just my personal experience. Everyones tank is different, so good results probably can be achieved in less light.;)

I don't believe you get the growth desired at lower PAR. Yes it can be grown at lower PAR, but it seems to thicken up faster, and have a darker color at higher PAR. Just my personal experience. Everyones tank is different, so good results probably can be achieved in less light.;)

I don't want super fast growth anyway. I don't want to be pruning all the time.

I have dhg and been trying to work out my lights I have a odyssea T5HO with 4 54w 6500k bulbs and the lights are about 20 inches from substrate

It is on a 55 gallon tank is this too much light would just two bulbs still be high light?

Back
Top Bottom