particles in 5G Nano planted tank, low tech w/Excel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CJNana4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This tank is for my Betta, it contains 2 large driftwood pieces and many plants, moss ball, java ferns and crypts. also anubias. I am doing 50% water changes weekly and dosing ferts as recommended and using excel daily. Still have particles in clear water. Tank is a Solo with LED lighting. Filter internal and wondering if i should 86 that charcoal bag in lieu of matrix beads and place Purigen bag in the tank under the outflow. I dose macros on separate days than Flourish and Trace. My Betta got fin rot in there so he is in paraguard therapy in a hospital tank. He is perky, eats, not sluggish, nor constipated. I don't want to put him back in his tank until color returns to his tail. Would like to get rid of the particles without using a clarifier which damages Betta labyrinth systems. (My last one suffocated and everything turned brown. Can you help? Do I need a new Danner 210 filter? (His name is Brutus and is a red & blue half moon)

Remove the charcoal, test water parameters and do put the purigen where you stated.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Remove the charcoal, test water parameters and do put the purigen where you stated.

Shall put Matrix in place of charcoal and keep Purigen where it is. Many thanks!

Betta in nano low tech with excel tank

having lost my last Betta when using ferts in his tank, is a Betta able to tolerate the daily dosing of excel and other frets recommended for this regimen?

It should be, just so as long as you aren't terribly overdosing.

Check your water parameters every now and then too to ensure good levelz

I shall do that . I dose using the micro measuring spoons so think i am okay there. The nitrogen and Fe seem to be hard on fish. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom