pennywort growing SLOWLY. Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabysapha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've heard great things about pennywort. So I got some along with a fish purchase.

It is the SLOWEST growing thing in my tank. It seems to grow slower than java fern. Granted the tank is low light, but I use seachem flourish to help things along.

My pennywort is mostly a thick rigid straight stem with little half-inch leaves coming off of it, not the pretty long loopy stems with big leaves on them I see online.

Why is my pennywort growing so badly? Are its lighting needs medium-high?

Picture!

Please excuse the fry. Little pigs want to get in every picture...

I can see why it might sound like moneywort! But I'm pretty sure it's pennywort. Or something similar at least.

I got this in AUGUST. And it has not rooted, it has not grown taller. It did grow 2 leaves... maybe? Maybe 1 leaf.
I have no idea what's going on. I have 4 other stems that have also only grown about 2 leaves since they arrived. What's going on here?????

That is odd. It took me a while to get rid of mine. Once I pulled it out, there was still some coming up from the roots that got left behind.

I have lots of moneywort and I have flourite substrate and use Excel and seachem flourish mine has taken off

mfdrookie516 said:
That is odd. It took me a while to get rid of mine. Once I pulled it out, there was still some coming up from the roots that got left behind.

Maybe it's just a sad specimen? I should order some online from a different source come the spring. I love the look of pennywort and i'm so bummed that this one just does not grow! It can do whateer it wants now, i give up!
Thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom