Petsmart Cardinal Plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freybizzy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently purchased a few specimen of cardinal plants from petsmart to act as the foreground for my newly established 55 gallon planted tank. However, all attempts at researching the plant through the internet have thus far been somewhat inconclusive concerning its requirements and growth (some say it grows to be only 4 inches high, others claim over 2 feet). Could anybody tell me exactly what to expect from this plant? Will it spread across the tank horizontally or is it primarily limited to vertical growth? Here is a picture of what I have if it helps: ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389673998.469818.jpg

If you've high light it will stay short. In low light it grows taller.

I planted some of this in a 10G I was using to hold my juvenile pleco while I got his new tank cycled. It was growing well with a Marineland-18 inch hidden LED and a dose of API Leaf Zone, and CO2 Booster. It tends to grow out from the bottom first, then the taller pieces shoot upward. It was doing well, then bits of algae wafer got under it and it became floating plant. After numerous times of replacing it back into substrate and him pulling it back out, i've decided to take it out...In the short time I had with the plant I liked it!

Back
Top Bottom