Photo Period question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aspencer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Right now I have a 24w 6700 dual tube CFL over my 10g going for 8 hours. The plants are showing vibrant growth...Rotala Vietnam, 2 stains, java moss. My Red Wendtii and Red Mellon Sword have new leaves. I dose ferts, excel, Iron, flourish twice a week and no co2, nor do I want that.

I have a fixture with 1 18w T5HO 6700 bulbs and 1 650nm pink 18w that I want to use. Can I cut down the photo period and use that light without co2? I think that is too much but just want to ask. I thought of putting one anaetic (sp) in but 18w of usable light is less than I have. Any thoughts?

Why do you want to change your lighting? If you're happy with the results you're getting with your current lighting and care routine, then I would stay with it. Increasing the lighting could push you to the point of needing CO2, but you won't know for sure until you try it.

I agree with Faile. Why fix what isn't broken?

Adding dual T5HOs over a ten will most likely result in the need for CO2 injection.

Thanks for the advice. I took it. Replaced the old light. Maybe when I go for high light plants in the future I will use that light. I just want to use that fixture LOL.

Back
Top Bottom