Photos of 30 cube rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudraker

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are some before and after shots of my long-planned rescape in my 30 gal cube. The before shots show the tank after I’d done a lot of ruthless pruning and removal of plants over several weeks’ time that I knew I wasn’t going to keep in there long term. I was doing a lot of growout and it wasn’t really scaped anymore.

View attachment 34701

View attachment 34702

This tank is very challenging to scape because it has to look good from three different angels and it tends to reflect objects in it. I added a small starter of pygmy chain sword, a 2x2 piece of flame moss to driftwood, a 5x5 mat of DBT and the best pick out of a several bunches of Nesaea pedicellata 'Golden'. I also re-added a few lowlight plants like the anubius and some crypt wendtti to fill out spots until I can access how fast the new ones will grow out and what I might want to add or subtract.

right after.jpg

left after.jpg

angel after.jpg

This is a closer view from its right side: Feed back appreciated, as this is phase one of the rescape. alt right close after.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm looking for some ideas for a something very green to act as a foil to the nesaea in the right hand corner of the last photo. It is starting to get its color, which if everything goes right, will be a beautiful orange/gold. I have a piece of anubius there now, but would like to replace it with something a little bushier to act as a foil, but I don't want to be trimming constantly either.

I just got a nana but its tiny yet and in a lowlight tank. The anubius I have there now is a fairly decent sized coffeefolia, but its not busy enough.

nana petite is much, much smaller and compact than anubias nana. The leaves are about the size of a dime (or smaller even). It is a slow grower, so not much trimming...

I'd like to try a petite in a lowlight tank I'm developing at work. I think it would get swallowed up in this tank.

I was thinking something that looks like an amazon sword but doesn't grow like one, something that won't get more than 6 inches high maybe.

Ok, I was thinking lower growth.

blyxa japonica?

EDIT: Or maybe not... you said darker green. It is a lighter green, and can even get some gold type colors in high enough light.

Last edited:
Definately getting warmer though!

The photo I just googled was very nice, but it does have to act as a foil to the orange.

Hmm, I hadn't considered any lowlights and I already have gobs of the windelov

Thanks Alisha! Its still a work in progress, but I think I like the overall shape.

Back
Top Bottom