Photos of my planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just changed out the substrate 2 weeks ago and am going through some pretty extensive crypt melt. I added a watersprite, but there isn't anything but one small stem remaining (you probably won't see it). Hey, but it will all grow back. I've added root tabs, dose with excel daily, and supplement with Brightwell Aquatics - FlorinMulti

Lights are 15w 5000k Flora*Sun by ZooMed, 10w CFL 6500k, 13w CFL 6500k.

I'm thinking about setting up DIY CO2.

Substrate is Flourite over peat.

More photos can be seen on my profile page.

Attachments

• IMG_9820.jpg
    IMG_9820.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9822.jpg
    IMG_9822.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9838.jpg
    IMG_9838.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9842.jpg
    IMG_9842.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 64
Thanks. I lost most of the growth I had. It used to be 5-8x more grown, but I thinned a lot out with the tear down, and what was left melted away. In a few months it will all be back though.

I really like the golden zebra loach. Its a really cool fish. He used to be the only loach in there. He tried to "make friends" with the krib I had in there at one time, the bolivian rams another time, and this Jewel. Once I added the botia striata, they "introcuced" themselves to eachother for about an hour. The golden zebra lost all his color, turned gray, flared their fins, saddled up side-by-side with eachother and begain fighting with their pectoral fins and tails. It lasted about an hour before it was understood that the newcomer would come in second, in the loach pecking order of the tank. But they get along now. No chasing, no fights. They have nice coloring and seem content with eachother.

The Jewel has laid eggs several times. It is interesting to watch the two loaches try and get to the eggs and have the Jewel defend them for a few days until she realizes they aren't going to hatch.

Looks nice :) I feel you, i just added a bunch of crypt wendtii to my 60g and they are still going through the melting stage, but are slowly recovering :) I LOVE that loach!

Back
Top Bottom