Pic of BGA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is this BGA? If not, does anyone know what type of algae it is? It doesn't look slimey to me.

Attachments

• bga 003.jpg
    bga 003.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 100
  • bga 001.jpg
    bga 001.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 94
Reygan2 said:
Is this BGA? If not, does anyone know what type of algae it is? It doesn't look slimey to me.

Sure is. Does the top of the aquarium have a sharp mint smell? Or if you take some out does it?

Sure is. Does the top of the aquarium have a sharp mint smell? Or if you take some out does it?

I couldn't smell anything particularly minty.
So, what is my best course of action? I need to add that this tank will be going under yet another drastic remodeling. I'm changing my pfs to eco complete and I'm adding pressurized co2. I didn't have this problem until I bought a dual t5ho fixture. I'm only running one bulb, but I have this problem and some other green hairy looking algae on my plants. I rub it off but it just keeps coming back.
I've already reduced feedings and I try to keep things as clean as possible...weekly vacuums and 40-50% pwc's.
What else can I do?

Have you cut back the 'on' hours of your lights? Tried a blackout?

I want to try a blackout, but I have some questions. Do I turn on the light long enough to feed the fish? Will my other plants survive without light for 3 days? .

Look into maracyn. It worked for me. But if you have a tank bigger than 20g its pretty pricey

Back
Top Bottom