plant addatives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matthew187

Aquarium Advice Regular
What do you use as addatives for your plant tanks? I just have basic aquarium gravel and no co2. I heard excel works good but hurts fish. I have a 55g planted and was looking to do a mild aquascape type tank. I have good lighting but want addatives to keep my plants healthy.

Alot of people on amazon review. I know its not a reliable source but only thing i have gotten any feed back on. I am new to planted tanks.

i myself use flourish excel and i know people on here use it as well. i dont think ive ever seen anything on it not being healthy for fish..

and thats just going off what I remember reading

also what type of lighting do you have?

Alot of review said it killed fish so i figured id check into it. I have two t5 set ups with one 6700k two 10000k and one actinic bulb. Is there any other products that work good with or instead of excel.

As far as sources of information goes, I would rank Amazon reviews somewhere between LFS employees and "Ask Yahoo". Excel might hurt some inverts at 2-3x the recommended dose, but I've never heard of it affecting fish.

Although with that kind of light, you should probably look into pressurized CO2.

Back
Top Bottom