Plant exchange infos...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lectraplayer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm doing some tweaking and reaquascaping of my tanks. Since I'm pulling some plants out, is there a plant exchange I could contribute them to instead of throwing them down in the yard to be mowed?

Also, I will be on the lookout for red plants, and anything else brightly colored to go into a 10g and a 29g medium light. I have too much bacopa and cryptocorne wendti right now and am changing to LOTS of water wysteria, scarlet temple, a few crypts & downoi. What else do I want?

When I do go to contribute plants, how do I prepare whole plants I pull up?

Check the classifieds section. There's always some plant swapping going on. Also, check YouTube for videos on how to pack them up and ship them out. What kind of plants do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

As mentioned, I'm pulling up mostly bacopa carolina and cryptocorne wendti right now and will rearange my existing wysteria, scarlet temple, downoi, and a few of my bacopa and crypts I will keep (only a couple). I also want to add some plants that have bold color (maybe sone cardial varieties)

You might also see if you have a local club :)
There are 3 in my area.

I belong to an aquatic plant club. We swap plants every month :)

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can send you some of my cuttings from my 3.5 gallon for free, if you get the box and send it back to me with some of your stuff.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417771247.926261.jpg

That's one thing I was wondering about doing Rcguerra, though I've done a lot of my aquascaping for now and have thrown out those plants I was going to send. (They would also be too big for your tank) You could stock a 55g well, especially with the crypts I got rid of. We may come back to this when I go trimming my wyeteria.

Sent from my Android with one arm in the tank.

I need plants for a new 60G, that is why I offered the swap in first place.

D'oh! Had you offered about 3 or 4 days ago, I would have been sending you a heaping double-handful of bacopa and just as much cryptocorne. Now they're all disposed of...

Sent from my Android with one arm in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom