Plant food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impulse09

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is the best kind for some amazon swords. I am also using the api co2 booster in my tanks.

Something that you can bury in the gravel, they get there nutes from there roots. I use osmocote for my swords.

Atxpunx said:
Something that you can bury in the gravel, they get there nutes from there roots. I use osmocote for my swords.

+1 on the osomcote. Just make sure none comes to the surface of the substrate. Can cause ammonia and/or algae.

Definitely put some under the gravel, i use seachem fluorish root tabs and my plants(including amazon swords) do really well with them.

Do u out the root tabs all the way under the substrate? Do I use one tab for each plant? How is the api root tabs? Will these root tabs be bad for my parameters or fish?

Also do I still need to add un liquid plant food if I use root tabs?

Yes, you should add liquid plant food also, not all plants will utilize the root tabs since not every plant has the type of root structure to do so, plus the root tabs are not everywhere in the tank.

The co2 booster is a carbon supplement not found in root tabs. You should dose that in addition to water column fertilization.

Back
Top Bottom