Plant growth -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Eye Tang

Aquarium Advice Freak
What should I be expecting other than the looks of the plants as far as growth per day. I've heard some crazy stories of up to one inch of growth per day! Is this true or what? I just started dosing with nutrafin plant grow and have DIY Co2 running. Anything else? I've heard potassium but I can't find anything at the store I was at that even has potassium in it. Thanks :p

Lighting is 65w 10,000k / actinic (yes i know actinic does nothing for them), Once per week with nutrafin plant gro, Co2 is running constant with good diffuser, and my tanks shows some of the plants in the tank. I just feel so far NO growth... and algae wanting to come into the mix.

Basically a 2liter with the yeast / sugar water mixture running into a newly made bubble counter out of that to a check valve and into a powerhead that allows for air tubing to be plugged into the top. It spits very small bubbles every 1 - 2 seconds sometimes faster depending on how old the mixture is.

That little CO2 is most likely hardly noticeable to be honest. I know on my 75g I run at least 3 bubbles per second. How large is this tank?

Is Nutrafin plant gro a macro or micro nutrient supplement?

Plants consist of various swords, dwarf baby tears, melon sword, java fern, red rubin, ludwigia, anubias.

This plant gro I got says it's micro-nutrient containing vitamin B... here are the stats.....
Nitrogen 0.15%
Boron 0.0005%
copper 0.0005%
Iron 0.26%
Manganese 0.05%
Molybdenum 0.0007%
Zinc 0.003%

I might add,... i just started tonight with 10ml of it,... and i plan to keep it steady at that level as for PWC or weekly. Lights are on for about 9 hours a day.

the growth you will most likely see is in the ludwigia maybe the swords. why dont you take pics of the tank everyday. thats a real easy way to track growth. if you want more growth i would look at replacing the bulb.

Thanks guys,.. it's funny you say that; I was cruising around at work today about two seconds from going and getting one but I was swearing to myself that the 10,000k bulb was enough. I've heard from black hills tj that a lot of plants choose the lower spectrum of light on a different thread tho. I'll get there!

its about getting rid of the 50/50 bulb. half the bulb isnt doing much for the plants. a 6500-10,000k bulb would put more usable light for them thus increase the growth.

i have good growth with my ludwigia and my anacharis was growing at 1 - 1 1/2 a day. tetraplant florapride is potassium

we had some pond anarchis grow to the tune of 2 inches per day, it also branched out a alot, and those also grew a ton.

with all the upgrades i did recently (root tabs, liquid fertilizers, DIY CO2, Flourish Excel, new plant light bulb) it would be strange not to get a good growth...
some of myriophyllums i have grow about 1 ich a day if not more...
all the other plants are looking greener than before with a noticeable change in the rate of growth...

Back
Top Bottom