Plant growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I just swiotched my 55g to planted and I bought 8 plants, but it still looks really bare. Will the plants grow in and how quickly?

Wattage is kind of low, about 60 watts or a touch over 1 wpg. They are all types of plants, I just asked for an assortment of low light plants.

Well, the names would be helpful, pictures could do aswell, most low light plants are pretty easy to ID.

Lowlight plants typically don't grow fast at all. There are some exceptions (Jchillin is more qualified on low light fast growers then I am) but Anubias grow very slow (typically a heart shaped thick leaf), Java fern is also a slow grower and more then likely in your "assortment".

Unless they are swords, or wisteria or watersprite, none of your plants will fill your tank and not fast at all. You could add 30 more plants and not fill your tank. If planted is the way you want to go, plant heavy in the beginning. It will save you a headache later.

thread closed since tank is being sold.

"Move along...these aren't the droids you're looking for."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom