plant growth problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had my wisteria and Amazon swords for months but they don't seem to be growing at all. Are they slow growers? I know swords are suppose to outgrow your tank but mine haven't seem to do that. Jw if I'm doing anything wrong.

36 g bowfront, running a DIY co2, lights are t5ho 48 watts, was dosing seachem flourish comprehensive and substrate is just plain gravel.

But seriously- several thing will affect growth rate of those plants:

Lighting- how much/what kind of light/how many hours?

Fertilizers? Unless one is using one of the specialized substrates, then root tabs are about required (at least for the swords).

Carbon source? Plants need a firm of carbon- usually in the form of CO2. If you have relatively low lighting, then fish respirate enough. If lighting is fairly high, then mire is needed- either by CO2 injection, or products like Flourish Excel (the latter won't hurt even in relatively low light).

Are the plants nice and green? If so, they are healthy. I would guess you have fairly low light- as with medium low light, swords will fill a tank in relatively short order given carbon source, ferts, and plenty of light.

Both plants you listed can be fairly fast growing. But it takes llight, ferts, and carbon source to really make them "explode".

But seriously- several thing will affect growth rate of those plants:

Lighting- how much/what kind of light/how many hours?

Fertilizers? Unless one is using one of the specialized substrates, then root tabs are about required (at least for the swords).

Carbon source? Plants need a firm of carbon- usually in the form of CO2. If you have relatively low lighting, then fish respirate enough. If lighting is fairly high, then mire is needed- either by CO2 injection, or products like Flourish Excel (the latter won't hurt even in relatively low light).

Are the plants nice and green? If so, they are healthy. I would guess you have fairly low light- as with medium low light, swords will fill a tank in relatively short order given carbon source, ferts, and plenty of light.

Both plants you listed can be fairly fast growing. But it takes llight, ferts, and carbon source to really make them "explode".

Read the above post before you post already asked questions.

Well everything is growing fine, they are growing new healthy leaves. I'm just wondering why they haven't outgrown my tank yet. Sorry for any confusion

Yeah..my anacharis and hornwort are all over the tank so they must be blocking the swords light

Back
Top Bottom