Plant health question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jodisgermanshepherd

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently replanted my tank I bought someImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389325055.175093.jpg. Proserpinaca palustris and it is either dying or breaking in the middle of plant and re-rooting. Please ask any questions. But what could be causing this???

Right now I am very puzzled about ferts I dose flourish 2x's a week and my lights are a T-5 4 bulb but only use 2 I use a 10000 and a Rosetta bulb

Those lights won't do a lot for plants. If you don't want to run all for, at least get 2 that are around the 6500k range.

Why do you say that blueberry?? It's what was recommended to me both here and by my LFS. Is it the type of plant it is that needs more? None of my other plants are having any problems.

Those lights are fine. Mermaidweed can just be a tricky plant. I've had some that thrives submersed, but often times it does have a lot of dieoff when transitioning. It comes in emersed from the plant farms.

Thank you. Should I just keep replanting it when it breaks in the middle of the stalk? Should I keep picking the stuff that seems dead out of the substrate?

Yes, it's not likely to do much on the bottom parts if it's already broken off and there's no leaves left. In this situation you might even be better off letting it float till it gets a good root system going and looking a bit healthier.

Thank you. All my other plants are looking bad ***. I'm so excited to see everything grow. It's been almost 2 weeks and the growth is great. So I was concerned when this one seemed to be struggling so hard.

Back
Top Bottom